F. A. Q
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE OF MICROBLADING/ OMBRÉ/ MICROSHADING
A few things to keep in mind before your client’s Microblading/ Microshading or permanent makeup on brows Appointment, Please advise them as following :
1. Please arrive with a clean face.
2. It is ok to have your eyebrows threaded or tweezed before appointment; however, NO WAXING.
3. No alcohol intake 24hrs before your appointment
4. We do have a NO PHOTOGRAPHY Policy in place.
5. Only the person being treated is allowed in the work space.
6. All Procedures: Please refrain from taking blood thinning medication including Aspirin and Vitamins such as Fish Oil for at least 3-5 days before the procedure. No procedure is recommended for someone who is prone to keloiding. Must not have taken anything with Accutane for 6 months, Taxanac, or Retin-A for at least 2-3 weeks. Avoid taking antibiotics for at least a week before the procedure.
7. Brows: Please refrain from Botox or fillers in the brow and forehead area 2-3 weeks before procedure. Please advise technicians if you have had any LASIK or Glaucoma procedures.
8. Lip Services: If you have EVER had a Herpes Simplex outbreak, please visit your Physician for a Valtrex prescription before the procedure.
9. As much as we love them, no children please.
AFTERCARE OF MICROBLADING/OMBRÉ/MICROSHADING
Here are some after care instructions on how to take care of your fresh new brows so that you may reap the maximum results.
For Days 4 - 7, keep a thin layer of Aquaphor or A&D ointment on your brows to keep them moist. Use a clean Q-Tip to apply as fingers may have bacteria that could cause infection. Once or twice a day should suffice.
No touching. You do not want to get any potential bacteria that may be on your hands or fingers to get into your healing brows. This could cause potential infection.
Do not wet for 3days, please wash your hair and face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water on the treated area. If you feel dust or discomfort in the treated area, pat it gently with alcohol wipe and apply a thin layer of ointment with Q-Tip.
No swimming pools for at least 2 weeks.
No rubbing or picking the treated area. As your new brows heal, you may notice some flaking of your skin. This is completely normal. Picking at your newly treated brows may result in unwanted gaps that may have otherwise not have happened.
Avoid prolonged direct sunlight, tanning beds, excessive sweating, and makeup in the brow area for at least 10 days. If you have to be in the sun, please wear a cap to protect your new brows.
After the procedure, the area treated will be darker and more intense, this is normal. This will last a few days until the skin heals and peels and naturally exfoliates and the true color emerges.
During the healing process, you may develop dry, or flaky and itchy skin around the treated area. This is completely normal. It is important not to rub, pick or scratch this area.
It is also important to note that even with proper aftercare, your brows can result in patches or fading spots. This is also completely normal as your body is trying to recover and reject this foreign object from your face. This is what your 4-8 week touch up is intended for, to replace any hair stokes lost during your initial healing process. There are a few factors that determine how your body heals such as age, skin type, and lifestyle. However, the typical healing time ranges between 4-6 weeks.